Selected Cyrus Customers
> Pharma: Janssen Pharmaceuticals
> Chemicals: BASF
> Academia: Harvard Medical School
> Biotech Tools: Illumina
Example Customer Applications
Fortune 500 company launched Structure-Based Drug Discovery campaign using Cyrus modeling
This Fortune 500 company had a target protein relevant to small-molecule discovery. No crystal structure existed, and other modeling approaches were uninformative.
The Cyrus Bench Homology pipeline was used to:
- Identify homologous proteins that could not be found with any other commercial approaches
- Generate structural models of unprecedented accuracy for various forms of the target protein
Cyrus helped avoid costly dead-ends due to the previous usage of inaccurate models.
Mid-size Biotech accelerates protein engineering for a difficult enzyme in a market worth hundreds of millions in annual sales
This revenue-generating biotech needed to change binding-partner specificity of a commercially-important enzyme.
Customer used Cyrus to:
- Predict mutations with desired activity
- Redesign the binding region
- Predict high accuracy structures of related proteins with activity closer to the desired specificity
The high-quality homologs generated with Cyrus would have been impossible to obtain otherwise, and demonstrated key specificity-determining structural patterns.
Tangible benefits to Customer:
- Saved months of time in difficult physiological protein-specificity screens
- Structural insight into protein activity
- Avoided spending on multiple crystal structures costing more than $500,000 each
Early-stage biotech startup stabilizes a set of commercially important proteins.
Cyrus was used to:
- Build high-quality homology models to obtain high accuracy structures
- Predict stabilizing mutations
Cyrus saved this customer months of time in laborious screens for stabilizing mutations.
Fortune 500 Pharma firm subscribes to Cyrus Bench for dozens of users.
This customer is drastically expanding their internal ability to use Rosetta for protein structure prediction and design, increasing the total number of users able carry out complex Rosetta calculations by roughly 100x. They are speeding up discovery of candidate therapeutics and improving the manufacturability and stability of leads already in development